Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Psalm 151



If I were to write a Psalm, here’s how it would go:



Lord, when will the morning come?
You’ve promised light and truth to wash over my night
Yet I have yet to see it.
Darkness surrounds me.
How much longer must I drown in the dusk of my thoughts
How much longer will my faded strength be all I have
How much longer?

Rescue me.
I beg You, rescue me from this pit.
I crave joy
I hunger for peace.
I sing your name
Though my voice is barely audible
My mouth releases praises
But my heart only aches.

Where are you, Lord?
Have you placed me in the corner?
Is this payoff for my lack of love?
Is this the shelf on which idleness has placed me?
How long until you take me down, dust me off and renew the heart within me?
How long, Lord?
For I seek restoration.
Renewing, I need.
Save me, Lord.
Save me, my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment