Monday, September 7, 2015

Every. Single. One.

I read an article this morning--was totally God redirecting my thought process--that really lifted a dense darkness off my shoulders. Feeling all "I'm so single, poor me" I typed into the Pinterest search bar "single" and took a stroll through pins. Within the first 10 pins I saw an blog post entitled 41 Embraceable Moments for the Christian Single Girl. Being a woman who tries pretty hard to seek the Lord in all things, my heart jumped out with hope. 

I clicked. 
I read. 

In a moment when I was going to apply self hate and insecurity to the layers of my heart, God immediately offered me another option. Now, I'll admit when I clicked on it I expected 41 things that basically restated one simple sentence. "Seek the Lord." 

As a single woman, I think I speak for many of us when I say that we KNOW to seek the Lord. We DO seek the Lord. 

So of course as I begin to read this post, I'm not putting much faith into it. But it, thankfully, took me by surprise! A real list of 41 things! 41 options on how to spend our time and things to try and explore. 

Being single for 3 years now, I've been getting very anxious about this "season" and this was exactly what I needed. I'm so thankful for this blog post that I've decided to try all 41! 

Yep, every single one. 
Get it? 
SINGLE one? 
Haha, I'm so punny. :)

So, this is me making a promise to try all 41 of these, starting with coffee dates, sitting outside and cooking for friends! With that, I plan to post about all 41 of these experiences. So look for the pictures and posts! And practice embracing your singleness with me! 

And don't forget to enjoy the post for yourself too! It's so worth the read!
http://tirzahmag.com/2015/04/20/41-embraceable-moments-christian-single-girl/

With Love, Britt



No comments:

Post a Comment